Case Studies for Web Design & Digital Marketing by Mitch Smith
The Juice Box Chiefland FL
I started working with The Juice Box in early 2014. At that time, there was a need for more traffic in order to ensure the ongoing operation of the shop. Within only a couple months of taking over the online marketing and developing & designing a website, business had increased 300-400%. To this day I continue to manage the marketing efforts for The Juice Box.
When I started working with The Juice Box in early 2014, there was very little online presence other than a YP Listing. My first task in taking on this project was to evaluate the digital marketing of surrounding shops, decide if e-commerce was a good idea and implement a web design which would tie the new social media pages together.
- Evaluate the immediate competition and market opportunity
- Design a simple, responsive, user friendly website which looks good on all devices
- Set up social media pages including Facebook, Twitter and Google+
- Implement an SEO campaign to enable discovery by near-by customers
- Create directory listings in all relevant directories, with links to website and social media
- Create social media campaigns to attract followers and a significant client base
Scope of Work
Responsive Web Design
Social Media Management
Although my efforts have definitely contributed to the success of The Juice Box Vape Shop, I cannot take all of the credit by any means. The owner has done an excellent job at tending to his customers needs and going above and beyond with his customer service centered approach.
Integrated, Responsive Web Design
One of my primary goals in making this project successful was to create a simple, cost effective, user friendly website which looks great on all devices and would be easily found by customers in Chiefland and surrounding areas. Since Google now takes responsive design into consideration when ranking websites, this was an important part of the project. Check out The Juice Box website on your mobile device to see how it appears there.
After about a year and a half of working with The Juice Box we have achieved some pretty awesome milestones and I expect more to come. These milestones and achievements include:
- Reaching over 1,000 Facebook followers and they continue to grow every day
- Ongoing increase in foot traffic and online customer reviews and participation
- These reviews include 45 5 star Facebook reviews (something I have never seen with any other project I have worked with and I cannot take credit for)
- A cult-like customer following (again, not my doing but something I have enabled to be made public)
- Offers for people to franchise the shop
- Ongoing opportunities for growth such as making the e-liquid lines available on a much more widespread basis
- While I feel like my encouragement to the owner has been positive, he still works too much and refuses to take a day off as much as I have encouraged it.
While we have come a long way with The Juice Box Vape Shop, there are plenty of welcome challenges that lie ahead in maintaining the retail presence necessary to compete with the online giants and surrounding competition which will continue to grow. In dealing with these challenges I will continue to work with the owner in creating innovative, creative solutions which take advantage of the current state of search engine localization and provide customers with immediate access to products which they would not have the ability to try online.
The challenges are welcome because this is just the nature of the business. As competition grows, I am assured that the owner of The Juice Box and I will continue to meet these challenges head on, working together to create synergy between our online and offline efforts. This synergy will create a customer loyalty which will keep existing customers coming back, meanwhile growing the existing customer base far beyond where it stands today.
[themify_icon icon=”fa-quote-left” style=”large white” ]