(Completely revised and re-written in September 2018)
Table of Contents1. A clear and consistent approach to generating exclusive, high-quality mortgage leads. 2. Creation of a mortgage lead generation master. 3. Messenger Chatbots: The Secret to Generating High-Quality Mortgage Leads With Facebook Advertising 4. Asking the right questions. It makes the entire difference between your success and failure using Facebook ads to generate high-quality mortgage leads. 5. What are ‘mortgage leads’? 6. The Absolute Most Effective Mortgage Lead Generation Systems in 2018 7. The Magic Mortgage Lead Machine Formula 8. The Problems With the Old Lead Generation Models 9. The Mortgage Marketing Solution(s). 10. Guaranteed mortgage profitability formula. 11. Why Invest in the Best Mortgage Leads? Introducing… The FogPusher Home Buyer Magnet:
Asking the Right Questions Makes the Entire Difference Between Your Success and Failure Using Facebook Ads to Generate Quality Mortgage LeadsIn August 2018, Facebook stopped collecting (allowing access to) third-party data about its users. Since Facebook eliminated its third-party data in August 2018 the audience targeting has been scaled back enormously, making it impossible to target renters, homeowners, or people who are likely to be first-time homebuyers, like you could in the past. Today, for this reason, you have to use broader audience targeting. However, so long as you are asking the right questions of the prospects, and doing so in the right way (Messenger chatbots), you can automatically qualify, segment, and understand your prospective mortgage audience in a much easier and engaging way than what would be possible using lead form leads. Failure to approach this situation in this specific way puts you in a position where all of your leads include only the prospect’s name, email address, and phone number. They all appear to be the same, and as a result, you have no idea where they are along their home buying journey. You don’t know what they are up to, why they are up to it, and most importantly, you don’t know how you can further help them when you generate mortgage leads in this way. Looking back, of course. It’s an obvious route to generating crappy leads. But really, its not that the leads themselves are crap. It’s just that, without asking the right questions, all leads generated in this way are bound to be crap. If you follow up with a person who has already found a home and who needs an immediate quote the same way you do with the people who are just aimlessly clicking stuff on facebook, you are going to spin your wheels and burn out before you make anything work. A phone call is a waste of time, actually, because you don’t know anything about who you are calling. They just clicked to learn about the free money in your ad. There are a couple of reasons for this. The first is that, unless you are asking the right questions, you are not putting yourself in a position to offer value in direct accordance with a prospects specific situation. The other is that, as a result of failing to qualify and segment the audience appropriately, it becomes impossible to prioritize your time according to a priority level of the lead. Not only does generating leads in this way prevent you from offering value to these prospects, but it also makes it impossible for you to prioritize your time trying to do so. You don’t know what they are dealing with and where they are along that journey, so you cannot help them, and it’s a waste of your time trying to do so. If you are going to use Facebook ads to generate mortgage leads, you have to do it the right way. Period. It’s all about asking the right questions and asking them the right way.
Mortgage & Real Estate Experience
Web Design & Digital Marketing / Advertising Experience
Understanding & Having a Successful Track Record Utilizing the Latest in Targeted Advertising/Lead Capture Technology
- In-house marketing manager provides no guarantee of ROI. They are expensive. You hire them and they receive the consistent job security associated with their position. Who is offering you job security?
- Many mortgage loan originators fail to establish themselves as the expert. You must generate meaningful content that answers questions your target audience is asking. Put yourself in their shoes and create media that answers the questions they have. So many fail to do this even though its one of the most powerful strategies in the mortgage (really, any) business.
- Live transfers are cool and all but how many people are making calls before they do research online. Millenials are more prone to use online lead capture tools before they pick up the phone – and they may never pick up the phone. Plus, in a live transfer situation, the lead has no prior knowledge of you or your company. Your closing rate on those is not likely to be anywhere close to what it can be with we have in place. After all, with live transfers you are receiving calls as they come in, they have not been screened. How effectively are you using your time if you are receiving random leads on the phone who have no idea who you are?
- Buying mortgage leads online is also a waste of time and money. If you want to chase after leads that have been sold to literally everybody who is interested, be my guest. The key to succeeding is creating a system that generates high-quality exclusive mortgage leads.
- Lack of lead generation & capture system in place. Most mortgage brokers and real estate brokers simply do not have a consistent lead generation/ mortgage sales funnel in place.
- Prowling on Realtors for referrals is another grand waste of time, unless you have a strategic plan in place, involving offering them leads. With this system, you will have plenty of leads to send their way. If you want to get something, give it away first. Active reciprocity will change your life – not just your business.
- Networking events can be fun but they rarely result in business. The only consistency to come of networking events is potential friendships, which may lead to more opportunity down the road. There is nothing wrong with attending a networking event as a mortgage professional, but it’s not the most effective way to go about acquiring new mortgage clients.
- Many mortgage brokers spin their wheels recruiting mortgage loan officers when they really need a high-quality lead gen system in place.
- A very common misconception is that having the best mortgage website is essential to generate mortgage leads or even for effective mortgage marketing. It’s helpful if it’s used to show expertise, value, testimonials, and original content, but there are many other ways to optimize your online presence in 2018. The most important of these being, a Messenger chatbot.
- I recently found significant evidence suggesting friends and family are far less likely to borrow or invest money with friends and family as they were even 5-10 years ago. I believe Google and consumer access to information have greatly contributed to this situation. For this reason, the traditional financial services business model falling apart, even for some of the larger wealth management companies. There is reason to believe a similar situation is happening in the mortgage industry. People want to make the best financial decisions they are able to make given their particular situation. This is much different than making a decision based on where their friend or family work.
- Hiring a professional who understands mortgage marketing and lead generation, with a background in mortgage loan origination and real estate sales. Have us manage your advertising and sales funnels, generating leads for you while you focus on closing loans and building strategic referral relationships.
- Tracking code installation/utilization to re-target visitors with ads. Sometimes the first visit isn’t enough to make a visitor comfortable enough with you to make contact. Follow them with ads after they have visited your website (if you have one).
- Market-proven ads delivered to the highly targeted audience of potential home buyers. We utilize the latest in intent-based targeting and in-market client acquisition strategy. Ongoing A/B testing.
- A/B tested lead capture pages that capture your lead’s information. A/B testing is an ongoing process to maximize results.
- Hot sales-qualified mortgage lead funnel which produces qualified prospects that belong to you and only you.
- Implementing an automated mortgage lead generation system that enables you to generate exclusive leads for whatever your niche may be. We can generate exclusive mortgage refinance leads, commercial leads, reverse mortgage leads, etc…
My Areas of Expertise & Experience
- Social Media Management, Marketing, and Lead Generation
- Messenger Chatbots
- Real Estate Sales
- Custom Home Building/Project Management/Sales
- Ad Targeting & Retargeting. Lead Funnels. Sales Funnels
- Mortgage Loan Origination
- Lead Capture / Sales Funnel Creation & Implementation
- Email Automation & Automated Prospect Engagement
- SEO / Web Design
- Industry Experience
- Money to Invest in the Generation of Exclusive Mortgage Leads – the Right Way
- Positive Online and Offline Reputation (I will not fake testimonials but they are absolutely necessary. Bonus points for video testimonials.)
- Ability to Handle and Effectively Manage the New Business Generated
- Willingness to Step Outside of Comfort Zone to Establish Oneself as an Industry Expert
- Original Content Creators (Videos, Blog Posts, Etc…)